Why St Andrews Healthcare?
St Andrew’s Healthcare is where you can become the nurse you want to be. Here are 15 reasons why this is the right place to follow your career.
- Explore or specialise? Our patient pathways give you the chance to explore different areas of mental health and learning disabilities or specialise in a specific field.
- World-class nursing: Our vision is to deliver world-class care, so our standards are incredibly high. You can play your part in clinical practice of the highest quality.
- Transforming lives: we’ve achieved some amazing results with patients through our compassionate, empathetic approach to care. You can really see the difference your individual and team contribution makes.
- Professional development: We have a strong learning culture and we’re keen to invest in your training and continued development – see the careers page.
- Career pathways: we have a structured path for you to follow, whatever level you join us at – the careers page will tell you more.
- Our culture: We’ve developed a positive, welcoming and inclusive culture, where everyone feels involved and equality and fairness are an everyday reality.
- Getting involved: You will be encouraged to work in creative ways and put your own ideas and thoughts forward. Your opinions matter. Our managers are always ready to listen.
- Expert colleagues: You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team, working closely alongside consultants and specialists like speech therapists.
- Outstanding facilities: designed with patients in mind, we have modern, well-resourced, well-equipped facilities. FitzRoy House will be the newest to open.
- Academic links: we’re working to improve nursing practice and the understanding of mental health through our research activities.
- History & status: You can take pride in working for a charity that’s been supporting people with mental health issues since the early days of Queen Victoria’s reign. We work for the benefit of patients not shareholders or investors.
- Locations: our sites are easily accessible and located in parts of the country where housing is far more affordable than the hotspots of the South. Our team is here to support your relocation.
- Work-life balance: family-friendly policies and a smart approach to shift planning help you to be who you want to be outside work as well as in it.
- Rewards & Benefits: we’ll ensure your commitment is well recognised and rewarded through a competitive salary and generous benefits, including pension.
- Enhanced pay: our nurses benefit from a qualified clinical allowance, awarded on top of their basic salary. You’ll also receive enhanced shift pay, depending on the rotas you work, and have the opportunity to work additional hours through our ‘nurse bank’.